zondag 21 november 2010

A4

A4 - Aanklacht

This time I am offering you the ‘Aanklacht’ tape by A4 from Amsterdam. Some of you might know them because of their tracks on ‘Als je haar maar goed zit’ volume 1.
A4 formed out of the ashes of the Workmates (a really great band from Amsterdam with dual female/male vocals, they did a live ep and contributed a song to a compilation lp (Hey You)). Two of the members went on in A4, joined by former Ex drummer Geurt and Charlotte Smits on bass.
The music can be described as post-punk, it is not loud and fast, more complex structures and a definate ‘Gang Of Four’ and ‘Joy Division’ feel to it (if I am to judge ofcourse). Stuff I did not like too much back then, since I was more into the faster part of punk, but I started to like it more and more lateron.
Besides this, I do not have too much information on the band itself, so enjoy the tape!

tracklist:
01 who’s to blame
02 repeated action
03 bayer conspiracy
04 victims
05 battlefields
06 corruption
07 sexist army
08 12-10-82

A4 Aanklacht

1 opmerking:

madmohawk zei

Vanaf de bizkidz valt er niets af te halen. De links van megaupload werken al een hele tijd niet meer. Grtz